Friday, April 10, 2009

must have: textured walls

So our offer was accepted, which means we are closing on our new house on June 15. Already there are so many things to think about...furniture, paint colors, accessories, etc. First things first, since we have so much time I know I will paint or add something distinctive to the walls before we move in. Our lease is up the end of July, so we will be moving in slowly and prepping the house first.

There are three specific walls in the potential new house that I know I want to make distinctive. (1) The giant living room wall. And I mean giant. It's huge and the ceilings are like 16 or 18 feet so it's massive. (2) The wall in the dining area. (3) One of the walls in my office. And I mean in my office. We have four bedrooms. Master, guest, Michael's office and my office.



What I'm considering right now for one of the walls is a textured wall tile. Better than wall paper, they are self adhesive and certain kinds are paintable. Pictured above is Inhabit's Seesaw and Graham & Brown's paintable small squares. Inhabit's tiles would look awesome in our dining room. And Graham & Brown's would look great on the center wall in the office and painted a cool blue or a yellow. Love it! And I already convinced Michael. :-)

No comments: