Friday, April 24, 2009

25 Things

1. Pebbles (my dog) is my favorite everything...she can always make me smile.
2. I love horror movies and romantic comedies.
3. I'm a hypochondriac. I spend a lot of time self diagnosing myself online.
4. I'm fascinated by all medical mystery/documentary shows on discovery health. Especially if it concerns medical abnormalities.
5. My dream job would allow me to be more creative - like a graphic designer/event planner and part time fashionista.
6. Like most Asians, I used to to want to be a doctor, until I went to college and realized I was far better at research and writing then math and molecular structures.
7. I'm addicted to office supplies...highlighters, pens, and sticky tabs oh my! This addiction was realized in law school.
8. My other addiction - spicy food - when I was little I would eat it until my lips would throb so much that I would take an ice cube to cool them down.
9. I am incredibly unimpressed by brand name things - cars, purses, clothes, etc. I would rather spend the money on a fabulous trip with someone I love because I value life experiences over material things. That doesn't mean I don't love shopping...b/c I LOVE shopping.
10. I am a news junkie - I listen to NPR all day - when I'm driving, in my office, weekend mornings while I'm making pancakes or working on a project.
11. I hate Valentine's Day.
12. I read the NY Times every day.
13. I am easily startled and can get so engrossed in what I am reading that when someone comes into my office and says something I jump in my seat.
14. I am very stubborn, I must win every argument...I guess that's why I became a lawyer.
15. I prefer cultural/educational vacations. I'd rather spend an entire day in a museum than on a beach.
16. If I take on a new hobby - right now it's baking - I get obsessed with mastering it.
17. I am a dreamer, I guess that's the Pisces in me.
18. I didn't start doing my own laundry until I got married.
19. I'm 28, but get carded all the time. Recently, at a legal conferences I was carded at the bar even though I was wearing my name tag which clearly indicated that I am a lawyer.
20. I don't really like coffee, but drink it every morning at work just because.
21. I am jealous of those who don't have to go work...but I didn't get a JD so I could spend my days shopping and watching tv.
22. I want to be as good of a parent as my parents were to me.
23. Even though I love romantic comedies and cheesy asian soaps...I am not particularly romantic. I don't believe in love at first sight or soulmates. I believe that our physical attraction to certain people is all biological and based in science. I believe that our emotional attraction to a person is a choice.
24. I am not easily convinced...of anything.
25. I love politics and political discussions. Laws make the world go round, and I am annoyed by people who don't vote or who vote but don't understand the issues before doing so. I hate talking to someone who has obviously resigned themselves to apathy and ignorance.

No comments: