Sunday, April 5, 2009

invites






Last night I finally started making Lisa's shower invites. I started at 7:30pm and I quit at 12:30am and still had two invites left to go. Of course, I also took a break for dinner, but still it was forever considering that I came up with my simplest design yet. I didn't want to do anything fancy or time consuming.

Part of the problem was my bird theme. I thought I could find a bird punch or a bird stencil. I couldn't find either, so instead I drew some birds and cut them out. I thought that the challenge would be drawing them, but instead it was the cutting. The other challenge was the text on front of the card. I used rub on letters, which is my preferred method, but somehow it took longer than usual to rub on each individual letter. Oh well, it was worth it. I think that they turned out pretty cute.

No comments: