Wednesday, March 18, 2009

stress

Its been one of those weeks where work keeps piling on and the day seems never ending. I haven't posted in a while simply because I was exhausted from work. It's the sort of mental exhaustion that drains you far worse than physical labor does. I used to wait tables in college and work double shifts. I was so tired, my feet hurt, my back ached, and I smelled like a restaurant. I would come home and collapse. Somehow I almost miss that feeling. Now I sit in a comfortable chair in a beautiful office with windows as large as those in my apartment, yet I feel more exhausted now then I ever did then. There is something so much more straining to sit and read and analyze and make decisions. Knowing that every decision you make and every line that you write means something and affects something and could potentially hurt someone. There are some days when I wish I could just do something frivolous or be like those women who stay at home with their kids and their biggest decision is where to spend the day or what to make for dinner.

But then I think about the state of economy and realize that I have it pretty good. I have a good job. I have roof over my head. I have a loving husband. And once I get home from work my biggest challenges are cleaning up after Michael makes me dinner, watch tv, and internally debating whether I should do more work.

1 comment:

Paul said...

I know the feeling! Now... if I can only get someone to cook ME dinner... :)