Thursday, March 19, 2009

beach vacation


I've never been a fan of beach vacations, probably because I have always been super self conscious and a trip where you have to wear a bathing suit everyday was always my worst nightmare. Also I have always thought that a beach is a beach is a beach...they're all the same. I've been to beaches in Florida, California, Vietnam...all beautiful but all the same. Yet tonight after watching Bridget's Sexiest Beaches I have discovered a beach that I have to go to...the beaches in Croatia. They look absolutely beautiful.

Now you may be thinking where is Croatia, because that was what I was thinking at first. But then I discovered it's just across the way from Venice. Now when Michael and I went to Venice we sailed on over to Greece. But now I can't believe I went to Greece...its so over done in retrospect. As was Italy I suppose. Maybe we should have gone somewhere that sounded a little more exotic or different.

Whatever the case I have my heart set on Croatia. I'm penciling it in and setting up my travel fund for Croatia 2010 - I'm thinking first week of September (still hot but a little less crowded) or end of May/early June. Why not this year you ask...well we have a couple of weddings to travel to this year and we may have to go to Vietnam so this year is definitely out of the question.

1 comment:

kim said...

I've been wanting to go to Dubrovnik for a couple years now. I just saw an ad in the Tube for flights there for only 29 pounds. Unfortunately, I hear Dubrovnik is the new Ibiza, at least, with French 20-somethings. Boo.