Wednesday, August 27, 2008

wedding olympics..."The Opening Ceremonies"


It's starting to sink in now that all the wedding chaos is all over. It's crazy, but being engaged was actually super fun in retrospect. I loved the anticipation. I loved the expectations. I loved the planning and all the details, even if it meant that there was fighting and awkwardness now and then. Our wedding was definitely more stressful than most. We nicknamed it the "Wedding Olympics." This pic is from Thursday, the tea ceremony. We called it "The Opening Ceremonies" It was definitely a tearjerker. It was definitely the most elaborate tea ceremony I have ever been to, and I've been to quite a few. Michael's family was just so big. They had seats set up like we were performing a traditional wedding at the house. The family speakers were very moving. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Every person that came up for us to serve tea gave us very heartfelt wishes. And even the men cried. It was truly beautiful. To be honest I worried a lot about this day, because normally tea ceremonies are chaotic. No one knows what they are doing. The videographer often directs the show talking over everyone. People stand there somewhat confused. And despite all the pomp and pageantry with the traditional clothing and the presentation of gifts, somehow it always seems super informal because people just stand around. But I have to admit, Michael's family was super organized. I actually want to watch a video of it, because everyone's speaking was really impressive.

No comments: