Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Decorating Fix


With Spring comes this need in me to redecorate or start decorating again. So it's time to start planning some painting projects. I realize that I love wallpaper, but since I hate the idea of putting up wallpaper and the possibility of taking down wallpaper, I've found an alternative that I cannot wait to try. I am going to stencil an all over pattern in our bedroom and my craft room (which is not being used and has not been set up yet). Some inspiring photos I found on apartment therapy:





So I went ahead and bought some stencils on etsy from maisondestencil. I am going to use this one in our bedroom on the purple wall. I'm thinking of doing tone on tone with a difference in the finish. The wall is currently a deep flat purple. This will be stenciled on in a purple gloss to give it a subtle but rich look.


Next is my craft room which has yet to be set up. Right now our old apartment living room furniture is sitting in the room. I use the room to store my craft supplies and wrap presents. We painted the walls yellow this summer. So now I'm thinking of stenciling on one of the yellow walls with the pattern below in either a white or gray. I think the contrast will look absolutely lovely. Can't wait.

Now I just have to wait for the mail. So ready to get started. I know Michael is not.

No comments: